Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"If you do build a Mosque, I hope somebody blows it up."

Huh, well what a wonderful followup to my post about Republican fascists.



BERRY: No, Tony, you can’t build a mosque at the site of 9/11.

TONY: Why not? Why not?

BERRY: No, you can’t. And I’ll tell you this: If you do build a mosque, I hope somebody blows it up. ... I hope the mosque isn’t built, and if it is, I hope it’s blown up. And I mean that.

Let me tell you something, Tony. It's the right-wing nutjobs that are gonna keep this for people like you from the people that come for ... It’s right-wing radicals like me that are going to keep this country safe for you and everyone else from the people who are flying the planes from the country you fled from. If you want to identify with those people, go live with them.


I like how he never answers Tony's question. As if that didn't send enough chills down your spine, there's also this.

But I'll tell you this -- whatever country you came from? If a Christian in the name of Christianity or a Jew in the name of Judaism had dared do what you did, you would issue a fatwa for everyone looked just like 'em! And for a thousand years you wouldn't allow a temple or a Christian church to be built there. And you damned well know it!


That underlined word there speaks volumes about the mindset of these god damn lunatics -- all Muslims flew the planes into the World Trade Center. All Muslims are responsible.

As usual with "apologies" from the right wing, he apologized without actually apologizing.

While I stand by my disagreement of the building of the mosque on the site, I SHOULD NOT have said “I hope someone blows it up.” That was dumb, and beneath me. I was trying to show “Tony” how much I opposed his opinion, but I went too far. For that, I apologize to my listeners.

Instead of apologizing to your dumbfuck listeners who agreed with every word, why don't you apologize to the Muslims you threatened to murder? Why don't you go and turn yourself in for incitement, you disgusting piece of shit? Have fun being waterboarded, it's necessary to protect the country. You are a fucking traitor and I hope you choke.

Oh wait, I'm sorry. While I stand by my disagreement of America being transformed into a Fascist Theocracy, I SHOULD NOT have said "I hope you choke." That was dumb, and beneath me. I was trying to show "this sack of waste" how much I opposed his opinion, but I went too far. For that, I apologize to my listeners.

I have a lot of criticisms about the Democratic party. I would not vote for them if America had a party that was actually liberal. But the reason why I vote Democrat is because Republicans would have a better chance at winning if I didn't. I do it to stop them. The thought of Republicans ever gaining control of the United States again, especially in their state of mind right now -- one that even tolerates these things being said -- scares the everloving fuck out of me. America was founded on the idea that you can believe in whatever the hell you want to. Republicans don't think you're an American if you don't believe in the same God as they do. Instead of seeing free public discourse as a beautiful celebration of the democracy we live in, this guy sees it as an enemy to be destroyed. He can't stand the fact that anything American about America exists. I vote for Democrats because xenophobic fascists vote for Republicans.

No comments:

Post a Comment