Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday Music Post - Hans Zimmer

Hans Zimmer



I can't really stand traditional classical music. It seems too random and disorganized (I have never studied music theory in any way, I know what I'm talking about). It's nice for when you're reading or studying or something so you can keep focused, but on a level of actual enjoyment, I just can't get into it. Additionally, the only operas worth listening to have all been played to fucking death on car commercials and movie trailers, to the point that they've lost any significant emotional impact they may have once had. But it's okay. I have a substitute. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I am a huge fan of film music. Hollywood has a monopoly on everything beautiful in modern orchestra, and that is really fucking depressing.

There is no better film composer alive than Hans Zimmer. To name a few, Zimmer wrote the music for films like The Thin Red Line, Gladiator, Batman Begins, The Dark Night, Black Hawk Down, Pirates of the Carribean, The Da Vinci Code, The Last Samurai, Pearl Harbor, and Hannibal. He has seven Grammies. I haven't even seen most of the movies Zimmer's made music for. It makes the music better when you go into it with a blank slate. Hans Zimmer is the best. Hans Zimmer is glorious. Hans Zimmer is the only person to have shoved me on the brink of tears with music alone.

The Thin Red Line







-

Crimson Tide





-

The Last Samurai
(Hands down, the greatest soundtrack ever written. Shut the fuck up about Star Wars.)







-

Gladiator







-

The Da Vinci Code





-

Black Hawk Down







No comments:

Post a Comment