Thursday, March 10, 2011

Michael Moore delivers passionate response to the corporate interests behind the Wisconsin budget bill

I'm not much of a fan of Moore's movies because his editing can be a bit childish, but dammit, the man can speak. This got me fired up. He comes on at about 1:20 in.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



Edit: You know, I'd like to add one final thought on this before I go to bed. I really don't think this is going to be as bad as it seems. We are going to win this fight in the end. Republicans have shot themselves in the foot. Think about it. The way this was passed was blatantly illegal, so it's probably going to get overturned anyway. Additionally, by doing this and pissing everyone off, Republicans have all but secured Democratic rule over Wisconsin at least for the next few decades. They could not be more hated right now.

Lastly, and most importantly, think of the national impact of this. Liberals have been apathetic for the past three years. Look at what's happening. We're seeing the largest protests since Vietnam. Liberals are finally becoming agitated and mobilized, and they're starting to realize that they don't have to take this shit. I mean, just look at me. I just yell funny swear words on the internet. That's what I do. I've never been to a protest in my life. Why would I need to go? I've largely held onto the belief that most modern protests don't accomplish anything at all, but Michael Moore is absolutely right in this video - this is one of the few times in my life where I can say it's going to matter. I have family in Madison who have been protesting the shit out of this. Not long after the news of tonight's events came out, I received messages on facebook, almost simultaneously, from my aunt and my uncle asking me to drive up this weekend for a massive demonstration that's being held (100,000+ expected). And you know what? I'm probably going. This is a national issue. It's not just Wisconsin. Republican governors all across the United States proposed anti-union bills at the exact same time. That is not a coincidence. Republicans are trying to destroy the last organized democratic base, because that's the only way they can beat Obama in 2012. That's what's happening. One of them even admitted it. They are doing their damndest to get into power again at the expense of civil rights, and we can't let the fucking bastards get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment