Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Uh

The world would be a much better place if people actually read the positions they argue against.



1) The problem of evil is not the only argument against the existence of a god, and certainly not one which I particularly subscribe to. To me, the idea of god simply implies that the universe had a beginning because a consciousness willed it. Manmade ideas about morality have absolutely nothing to do with that. If there really had been something which willed all of time and space to come into existence, do you really think it would give a flying shit about the opinions of insignificant meatbags on a speck of dust? Do you care about the opinions of microorganisms? The argument from evil only applies to the biblical God of Abraham, and arguing against that god is like beating up a quadriplegic. If god is at all plausible, it will only be in the neutral architect of deism.

2) Atheism is not a religion, and it does not require faith. It is nothing more than the lack of belief. If atheism is a religion, then baldness is a hair color.

3) I should know, I once called myself a Christian and I know everything there is to know about Christianity ever but unlike my brethren I actually wised up okay

No comments:

Post a Comment