Tuesday, December 15, 2009

[Day of the week] Music Post - The Kills



I don't know if it's a new thing or I'm just paying attention finally (or I just really like blues rock), but there are a lot of pretty mindblowing duos recently (The Black Keys, Left Lane Cruiser, or The Black Diamond Heavies). And there needs to be more. They all just fucking got it. I don't know what it is. I guess with less people, there's more of a chance for similar creative tastes, less clashes, less drama, and so forth. It works. Bands can be hard to maintain.

My brother told me about The Kills last night. They kinda remind me of the Gorillaz, except they've been introduced to a little concept called rockage. Their first CD came out in 2003, and I'm really surprised it took me this long to hear about them. They fucking rock. How long do you think it's gonna be until I stop making fun of hipsters, and become one? Fuck.





No comments:

Post a Comment