Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WELL AT LEAST THEY FOUND DRUGS SO THEY ARE RIGHT

I usually don't give a damn about the marijuana legalization issue one way or the other, but then I see videos like this. This was back in February. Police bust into a man's house and shoot his two dogs while his seven year old son was present. One was caged, and the other was a welsh corgi. They found a little pot. Don't watch this if you're not in a mood to cry.



It's good to know from those heartwrenching cries that the last moment of that dog's life was nothing but indescribable pain.

I'm not going to say that guy isn't a shit head for having that stuff around his son, and in all honesty he shouldn't have reproduced to begin with, but the kid probably didn't become traumatized until the police stormed into his house and killed his dogs. Instead of viewing police officers as people who he should turn to when he's in trouble, that boy will now hate them for the rest of his life.

I would never smoke pot because people who do are god damned retarded, but I would be all for its legalization if it would stop things like this from happening. The stuff's really not that bad. It's almost comparable to having alcohol and cigarettes in one drug, so treating it the same as drugs like heroine and crack, or drugs that actually have a real potential to kill you, is fucking insane.

I'm a little embarrassed about this now, but I originally majored in law enforcement. I wanted to help people. I just didn't know I secretly wanted to be a firefighter. I got out once I took a few classes and realized what kind of people want to be cops. There are two types of people who major in law enforcement, and they're almost always broken up by gender: the female law enforcement majors usually think CSI is real, and the male law enforcement majors are usually fratboys who get off on powertripping and racist jokes. There's the occasional intelligent person who's getting into it for the right reasons, but those people are fairly few. I just didn't think it was worth it to deal with those fucking morons for my entire career, or you know, to actually put my life in their hands.

One of my professors was the leader of a SWAT team. He wasn't retired or anything, he was the leader of a SWAT team at the same time he taught at Western. He always kept a pager on him in case he was needed. He was a really cool guy, and he knew his shit. One time the topic of corrupt officers came up. He seemed reluctant to talk about it, but this one guy kept pressing him. He basically said "You'll meet them. The best thing is to just stay away from them. That's all you can do." And that was where he left it. That's why everyone hates cops. Half of them are corrupt assholes, and the other half who actually do their jobs ignore the corrupt assholes. Why can't they all just be like the nice ones who talked to us at school :(

No comments:

Post a Comment