Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Walking Dead

Just a reminder. The Walking Dead has been made into a television series, and it is going to premiere Halloween night on AMC. It's being directed by the man who directed Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

Here's a fan-made intro. I did not know this was fan-made the first time I watched it. I really thought this was going to be the opening of the show, and became very angry when I found out I was wrong.



I'm not big into comics. I still haven't read Sandman or Transmetropolitan yet. I just now finally caught up with The Walking Dead. 77 fucking issues, and it was totally worth it. This series is probably the best I've read so far. Maybe that'll change after I read more than only Walking Dead, Watchmen, and some Batman, but that's where I stand right now.

This series is all character drama. Killing zombies seems almost like a secondary concern to these people, and that may not sound like it should be appealing in a comic about a zombie apocalypse, but trust me, this is definitely the way it should be done. Zombie nerds really love to overanalyze things way farther than they need to, and this is a zombie nerd's wet dream. This is what a zombie apocalypse would be like if it had a real impact on real people. Characters will fall in love, and go insane, and kill, and be killed. They will cross lines that should never be crossed just to survive. It's stunning.

Now forget everything I just wrote. I really don't want to overhype this too much. I don't know how good the show's going to be, but early reviews are positive and Kirkman himself is extremely pleased, so I'm going to go ahead and assume it's going to be the second coming of Christ.

The first season is only going to be six episodes, and they're treating it almost like a six hour movie. It hasn't even premiered yet, and there are already rumors floating around about a second season. If you haven't seen it already, here's the trailer. The premiere is going to be an hour and a half long and OH GOD I'M SO EXCITED FOR SOME FUCKING ZOMBIES, KILL THEM RICK KILL THEM ALLJFIEJOFISJDSKLGHDSL















No comments:

Post a Comment