Friday, May 6, 2011

Rachel Maddow goes to an NRA convention

Rachel had Meghan McCain on her show a while back, and it was agreed that Meghan would take her to an NRA gun show sometime. She kept her promise.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



I'm not too great shooting skeet with a shotgun, but I kick ass with a rifle. Guns are awesome. But fuck the NRA. The NRA is exactly what's wrong with American politics. Politicians don't decide laws. Laws are decided by whichever interests have the most money. I'm not exactly pulling this out of my ass. I was thrown into gun culture when I was trained for my summer job last year, teaching it to boy scouts. Nearly every one of the people in the class were misinformed about politics, and I kept my big liberal mouth shut. There were guns around, after all. It's pretty brilliant, the way the NRA simply makes shit up to convince its members that Barack Obama is trying to take away everybody's weapons. How else are you going to get people to keep paying their dues, and continue buying your guns? Shitheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment