Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So I usually don't update about my personal life on here because most people don't care, but I'm just too excited and I had to share this. I'm starting a graphic design internship on Monday at a pretty well established and respected construction company here in town. They've been around for a hundred years. They're pretty much letting me do whatever the heck I want with their marketing (with their supervision, of course), since they have no one else doing it at the moment. I'm going to get an amazing office all to myself (it was previously vacant). I wasn't expecting to get paid for it at all, but they told me that they're probably going to give me a lil sum'n sum'n anyway after I'm done, because they don't like it when people work for nothing. They're very chill and the schedule likely won't be all that strict. In addition, one of my new bosses is good friends with someone I interviewed with earlier in the week, and we all decided that they're going to "share" me. I'm going to be busy as hell, but I don't care because this is going to be steroids for my portfolio. I've been doing nothing for the past few days except burying my nose in graphic design books, so that I'll be in tip-top shape when I start. So nervous, but SO EXCITED.

1 comment: