Sunday, May 17, 2009

Back in February, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island gave this speech to the Senate. It's what convinced me to support investigations into the Bush Administration.



Last week, Whitehouse spearheaded the first public hearing on the torture memos since they were released. I have no idea what that means. I don't know what they're trying to accomplish, or if they have the power to prosecute anyone, but I'm assuming they don't since everybody's ignoring this. This is the first baby step, I guess? I don't know. I've googled the hell out of this and I can't find shit, and it's really pissing me off.

Anyway, here's Whitehouse on Olbermann the night before the hearings



And here's Whitehouse's opening statement in these hearings.



Normal people become fans of actors, or fans of sports stars. I'm a fan of a senator.

No comments:

Post a Comment