Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Music Post - M83


M83 shouldn't be my type of band. They fucking love synth, and they lean more towards electronic pop rather than the conventional boring bare bones rock that I'm more into. Frontman Anthony Gonzalez has said "I think that 80s music is such a brilliant period for music history." I personally consider the 80s a gigantic shit stain on music history. And yet, I still like these guys. They're good. They took their name from the spiral galaxy Messier 83, and I feel like a complete nerd for guessing that before looking it up, because galaxies are always abbreviated that way, M#.

Their music videos are basically shit. So I'm not going to put them here. They're like teenager lovey dovey bullshit (one of my favorite songs is called "Teen Angst", no joke. But in my defense, it's probably because it was used in a video I posted here a long time ago that literally made me braingasm). The videos are honestly not worthy of the music they're being played to. So I'll just embed some songs from Grooveshark instead. Less distracting.





No comments:

Post a Comment