Monday, July 19, 2010

Camp ended for good on Saturday, and I'm already depressed about it. On Friday I sort of had a moment as I was cleaning up the ranges for the last time, when the smell of gun oil was emanating off my clothes and I heard nothing but the birds chirping and the wind blowing, and the significance of what I'll be missing really hit me hard. I nearly choked up, which kind of shocked me at the time because I'm not really emotional towards things that aren't my favorite television shows. That night we built a fire in this little wooded area near the tents and hung out as staff for the last time. At the end I felt like I had to say something, and so I pretty much just poured my heart out and told everyone how much I loved them and how much I'll miss making memories with them. I was getting teary and I felt like I was about to lose it, and so I had to end it a little more quickly than I wanted. But as soon as I was done, the entire staff got up almost simultaneously, and I was in the center of a massive hug. I got compliments on the speech afterwards from like three or four people, and overall it was a very satisfying ending, and oh god I don't really want to think about it anymore.

I don't like leaving blogposts with no actual content in them, so here's some Red Sparowes. This isn't connected to the story in any way, I simply discovered them recently and they're fucking badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment