Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cenk Uygur shows that neocons really don't give a shit about democracy



This is a perfect example of why you always need to do your own research instead of depending on a middle man. I had no idea who the Muslim Brotherhood was when these protests were starting. When I first started hearing their name, I didn't freak out and listen to what the teevee had to tell me. I went and read about them. They're a political party. They used to be pretty insane, but they reformed themselves a few decades ago, and they're now vehemently anti-violence. Al Qaeda hates them because they think they're too soft.

I'm not saying I trust the fuckers, I'm pretty sure they would try to put a theocracy in power, but they're sure as shit not terrorists. Regardless of what I think, Egypt has its own country and its own culture, and it's not my place to question the government they want for themselves as long it's nonviolent. And everything we've seen so far indicates that this revolution is very nonviolent and very modern, so the Muslim Brotherhood may not even get into power at all. But don't take my word for it, because I likely have my own agenda. Go read.

No comments:

Post a Comment