Saturday, November 14, 2009

Remember the probe that crashed onto the moon's surface? The results have come in. We found water. A lot, in fact.
"We are ecstatic," said Anthony Colaprete, LCROSS project scientist and principal investigator at NASA's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif. "Multiple lines of evidence show water was present in both the high angle vapor plume and the ejecta curtain created by the LCROSS Centaur impact. The concentration and distribution of water and other substances requires further analysis, but it is safe to say Cabeus holds water."
I made an effort to hold back my excitement when I followed along with the mission, because I didn't want any lack of water bring me down and make me feel like shit. But let me tell you, I feel just as ecstatic about this as Anthony Colaprete, LCROSS project scientist and principal investigator at NASA's Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif. This is fucking huge. We just crossed off another stepping stone to getting off earth. This discovery makes permanent settlements on the moon at least possible.

OH MY GOD SPACE

No comments:

Post a Comment