Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I was thinking about saving this for the youtube post next sunday, but I couldn't hold back. It's just too hilarious. It's a little unsettling to me, knowing the only people who don't "believe in" evolution don't even understand it.



  • Do you think humans evolved from horses? That's exactly what evolution says, you know.
  • Evolution also says that dogs and all other animals appeared suddenly and without warning with full working eyeballs! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN LOL
  • It's not that atheists believe in the first amendment's guarantee that the government shall not a endorse a religion or anything, they simply hate all Christians! They actually have the nerve to say that a religious holiday should not be endorsed by the government! The NERVE.
  • It is not possible to accept evolution and believe in God at the same time
  • If humans are just animals, you can just procreate your species as a animal without qualms or conscience. If I don't have a mystical authority figure to tell me my morals for me, then it's obvious that morality just doesn't exist!
  • The answer isn't to argue with atheists. That'll just make them angry. This door in no way swings both ways though.
  • "So if I meet an atheist, all I say to him is, show me a building that didn't have a builder. Show me a painting that didn't have a painting. You know god exists. Say hey, how many lies have you told in your life? And they'll go, 'plenty'. So what do you call someone who tells lies? Have you ever stolen anything? Did you know Jesus said if you look with lust, you commit adultery in your heart? Man, if you face god on judgment day, you're in big trouble, I can see why you're denying him. And then once they say, 'well I am in big trouble,' you bring out the gospel." <----This works on all atheists. Every time.
  • I'm afraid of death and I don't know what happens after I die, so that means heaven exists. That thought subsides my fear, that means it's true.
  • CAPS LOCK. THE LOUDER I YELL, THE MORE RIGHT I AM.
Has anyone else ever thought of the possibility that these people know full well what kind of horse shit they're spewing out, but continue to do so anyway because it's easy to manipulate people and sell books? Televangelists did it all the time in the 80s.

There's not much out there that disgusts me more than when someone says it's impossible to be moral if you don't accept their version of god. At least defining morality for yourself actually contains empathy. Religious morality doesn't focus on doing good things for the sake of being good; it focuses on doing things you are told are good, just so you can stay out of hell. It's selfish. People used the Bible to defend slavery. People used the Bible to refuse women's right to vote. People used the Bible to defend racism. People are using the Bible to tell gays that god somehow disapproves of their "choice." Christian extremists don't have the capacity to question these things, because god (their pastor) is of course infallible. They just can't seem to comprehend that all people, by their mere status as human beings, and their ability to reason, deserve love and respect no matter which way they choose to live their own lives. I'm so glad Americans are leaving the extreme churches in faster numbers than ever. This country is going to turn around once the baby boomers keel over, you watch.

I'm sorry about all these anti-religion posts recently. I just like ranting about this crap, it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment